Tuesday 11 February 2014

Fitness on the Move

Fitness on the Move:

Like a lot of people based in Switzerland, I travel a lot for work. It makes keeping a regular routine for fitness a little bit challenging, but it's not an excuse. The idea of being cooped up in hotels and airports drives me nuts. I don't like to jog that much - as I keep telling myself, somewhat deludedly, I'm a stallion not a donkey - so unless there is a gym in the hotel, the options are limited. 


I packed my bags for a three day trip to Tokyo and made sure to put some gear to work out in, as well as my @Core150 shaker - I was not trying to get anything across the border (inside joke there) -

My first flight was the short hop from Geneva to Zurich - 30 minute flight followed by three hours hanging out in transit. I was really happy to read about a gym in the airport via the @FlySwiss magazine. I'm not sure whether the gym was in the airport or the airport in the gym, but no matter, there was somewhere to lift something heavy and get sweaty.




















This was not a cheap experience at a whopping 35 CHF but it was worth it. Otherwise I would have been sitting around eating muffins, drinking coffee and wishing I could work out!

Working out in Japan was... interesting. I found a gym in a shopping mall near my hotel - Konami Sport Club - same as the gym at work so went for it.

Lots of different gym norms there like sitting on the floor while you get changed but the funniest was when I was setting up squat rack and an instructor told me they already have a chin up bar! :)


Wherever you are - travelling, working, at home - you can always do something. So my #fitspo of the Week is   

Mike has a tonne of own body weight exercises that will make you sweat! Or swear!

I'd love to hear your own tips for staying active on the road - tweet me @trichosa

#witnessthefitness

No comments:

Post a Comment