Thursday 13 March 2014

Weight a minute...

After banjaxing myself recently (that's an Irish technical term for injury!) I have been looking to modify some of my training. This is especially due to all the travel ahead for work in the coming months (Mexico, Finland, Senegal, Guam and more). In case you didn't know, I work for FILA Wrestling. Here I am in the office looking like a real wrestler - thanks to the guys @MMA_Ears



What I have discovered more over time is how easy it is to work out on the go. Of course, everyone has different goals so you need to keep that in mind. If you are feeling brave I suggest you check out some of the wrestling training that guys like Reece Humphrey are doing!

If you are still feeling brave, but less of a machine than Hump, you would do well to check out +Jen Sinkler . Jen is a former rugby player whose approach to fitness is something I've always admired from afar and have started considering more and more. Her approach to Olympic lifting as well as nutrition are more in line with what I think could be considered healthy fitness.

She has some incredible suggestions about how to modify your workouts and look at things in a different way. You can see some of them here .

However, my personal favourite is still her Ladder Lunacy workout! I've done it a few times and still have a love-hate-love relationship with it! I love when you can take these things on the road! Choose a workout or a mixture - you won't be sorry.


Spring is here in Switzerland and the sun is shining. I've struggled as an Irish man to get used to not always being able to train outside or to have a rugby season that shuts down for 3 months because of the weather. I tried snowboarding and snowshoeing this weekend in Leysin and enjoyed them, but I miss the contact sports and lifting heavy things.





So I decided to take it outside and did some modified workouts inspired by Jen Sinkler, including some ladder work. Had to wear my @MonkstownFC gear too to wish the team the best of luck this weekend vs Newbridge. 

I'm hoping all the good luck I've been having lately will rub off on the Town!

Wherever you are, whether you stay on or go out, get off your backside and do something! Make the days count! If you need some tunes to get you moving I highly recommend Pretty Pink. She makes me want to party every time!






No comments:

Post a Comment